- The Cancun island is 21 km long and 400 m wide, L-shaped located just north of Yucatan.
- The island is a purpose-built luxury resort destination famous for its excellent tourist infrastructure.
- The island is known for its white sandy beaches where you can walk directly from the resort are locally known as ‘’playas’’.
- The most popular ‘’playas’’ or beaches are de las Perlas, Juventud, Linda, Langosta, Tortugas, Caracol, and Chac-mool.
Other Departure Cities
- San Francisco
- Fort Lauderdale
- Rome Madrid
Cancun is a city in south-east Mexico on the northeast coast of the Yucatan Peninsula in the Quintana Roo Mexican state. Cancun is a popular tourist destination located on the Caribbean sea and on the easternmost point of Mexico. The city is a part of Mexico’s Caribbean coast resort band known as the Riviera Maya. Cancun shoreline is a part of the world’s second-largest coral reef which is part of the island tourist zone. There are some Mayan archaeological sites called El Rey and El Meco.
Cancun has a tropical climate with a well-pronounced monsoon and dry season. The city has a hot climate year-around with moderate onshore trade winds keeping the coastal city cooler than the surrounding Yucatan region. It also has a tropical storm season from May to December. The development as a resort destination started in the 1970s after the Mexican Federal Government started developing the city under the tourism project, with financing the first nine hotels here. The World Tourism Organization has awarded the Best of the Best award for excellence and good governance to the Trust for Tourism Promotion of Cancun in 2007. Cancun and Acapulco have become the two most popular resort destinations for Mexico.
Activities in Cancun
- There are many small and large Mayan ruins around the island, which you can explore.
- You can take a day trip to Chichen Itza, which is Mexico's largest and best-resorted archaeological site.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you can see the famous Chac-Mool statues too.
- Also make sure to check the 30-meter tall El Castillo, the world-famous pyramids of Mexico.
Entertainment Options at Cancun
- You can visit The Maya Museum, located in the Cancun center.
- The Cancun Underwater Museum has 500 sculptures spread across two underwater galleries.
- Plan a trip to Cancun’s Interactive Aquarium where you can swim with the area's rich marine life.
- A must-visit place is the Scenic Tower located in the hotel district of the island. It is part of Xcaret which is a theme park and a place to explore nature too.
- The Urbano Kabah Park or the Kabah Ecological Park is a popular spot as a playground and petting zoo especially for families with younger kids.
- You can enjoy the local delicious Mexican food at many small and big local eateries or high-end restaurants on the island.
- El Meco Archaeological Site
- Cancun Underwater Museum
- Torre Escenica
- Zona Arqueológica El Rey
- Puerto Cancun Marina Town Center
Our Golden Promise
To ensure an enjoyable and safe travel experience, we, at Bansal Travels, make a golden promise.
- We believe in providing our clients with a personalized experience every time they travel.
- We value our relationships with our clients by making sure that we get the best deals for them at all times.
- We are here to provide service excellence at all times our clients choose us to book their vacation with us.
- The travel bonds are strong and wings have the strength to take you where you wish to be.